• If Out of Hours Medical Advice is required, please use the NHS 111 online service. Or, call 111 if you’re unable to get help online. Details of our Out of Hours Service is available on the practice number of 020 3474 6070

  • The GP Annual Survey ordinarily takes place at this time of year.  We sincerely believe that patients who are happy often do no feel the need to feed back quite as strongly as those who are not. We would encourage all of our patients who are happy with our services to also add their voice. 

How to make a complaint

The doctors and staff at this practice are committed to providing high quality healthcare and services to patients. If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the practice, please do let us know. We operate a complaints procedure as part of the NHS system for dealing with complaints. The practice complaints procedure meets national criteria.

  • How to complain

    It is best to tell a member of staff about any concerns or problems as soon as they arise and we will try and sort them out. We aim to deal with your complaint in a way that is straightforward and reaches an amicable conclusion.

    If you wish to make a complaint, please let us have details of your complaint in writing via post to the Practice, 89 Clapham High Street, SW4 7DB, via e-mail to selicb.claphamfamily@nhs.net or hand the letter of complaint to a member of the Reception Team as soon as possible so we can find out what happened. It helps us if you can give us as full details as possible about your complaint.

    You need to make your complaint within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem OR within 12 months of discovering that you have a problem relating to a specific incident.

  • What we will do

    We will contact you about your complaint within three working days and discuss with you the best way to investigate it, including the time scales for a reply. We aim to offer you an explanation within that timeframe. We will look into your complaint to:

    • Find out what happened and what went wrong
    • Apologise where this is appropriate
    • Identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again
  • Complaining on behalf of someone else

    Medical records are protected by the Data Protection act 1998. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we need to know that you have their permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed unless they are incapable (i.e. due to illness) of providing this.

  • Getting help

    You can contact:

    • Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (Voiceability)
      Tel: 0300 330 5454,
      Email: nhscomplaints@voiceability.org
      They can provide free impartial support when you are making a complaint. They can help draft or write a letter and arrange interpreting.
    • If you prefer, you can phone or write to the Complaints Department at NHS England. Their staff will endeavour to sort out any complaints.
      Tel: 0300 311 22 33
      Email: england.contactus@nhs.net
    • If you are not satisfied with the way we have dealt with your complaint, you can contact:
      Parliamentary Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP Or via their website